STEP ONE: Sitting Elbow Height Range
- Measure the height from the floor to the top of your work surface to get your work surface height.
STEP TWO: Calculate Seat Height
- Calculate the optimal seat height range by subtracting 10” from the work surface height.
- This calculation should be the mid-point of the chair’s seat height range.
- Your seat height range should adjust at least 2.5” above and 2.5” below this mid-point.
- It’s important to select the right chair that conforms to the body and environment.
- Evaluate features such as seat size and depth, back height, arm height, chair height, and tilt tension.